Thursday, August 21, 2008

Notes 8/21/08

1. I Feel old whenever I hear a song mention texting. This may owe to my status as a luddite when it comes to texting. I will usually respond to a text with a y (for yes), an n (for no) or a k (for ok). Most likely I will just respond with a call. In general I am fine with songs making of the moment pop culture references (i.e Kanye West), i think it shows a willingness to ground the song in a particular time, rather than reaching for that oh-so-elusive timeless quality. So I suppose my objection to mentions of texting are odd in that respect, but it might just owe to my dislike of that particular medium.

2. It's somewhat ironic that I should be rejected by No: A Journal of the Arts.

3. August in Utah is drupe season, 89 cents a pound. Stock up!

Finally:

2 Comments:

Blogger G.C.C. said...

Man, the Olympics sure bring out the silly in people. Also people shouldn't text--unless they have a full keyboard on their phone. What's up with NO?

5:30 PM  
Blogger Wiglaf said...

Oh, peaches. I love peaches. Nectarines are more consistently good, but the best peaches are better than the best nectarines.

2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home