Monday, September 11, 2006

Never Forget: Obligatory

Then: Woke up, ate breakfast in the dormitory cafeteria, wondered why no one was watching MTV. Didn’t find out what had happened ‘till I got to class. Spent the rest of the day watching the news. Got a vague uneasy feeling, a slight fear that combat would be impending. Was that patriotism I felt? Probably not. Not anymore anyways. Maybe it didn’t impact me as much because I never actually saw the planes hit. I was 17 then.

Now: Worked today. Didn’t hold hands, shed tears of solace, sing God Bless the U.S.A. When unspeakable tragedy unfolds, it shouldn’t be used as political capital five years later. Especially when the “War on Terrorism” has yet to reach its denouement. Five years later, what’s to show?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home