Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Too Close to Call (Probably Irrelevant)

My internet connection was being a bitch so I couldn't post this last night.

Happy Election Day!

I hope you voted. I did.

I meant to post this last night, so it might not seem as timely as it would have yesterday.

I was watching CNN on Sunday at my mom's house, and it hit me. It's happening again. The same thing that happened in the '04 election. No matter what other more pressing issues could influence voters, gay marriage gets pulled out and slammed down on the table. We're mired in a war that more and more begins to resemble Vietnam. Economy, environment, etc. etc. You get the point. But the thing that seems to energize people is same sex marriages, This baffles me, it should be a non issue. Of course this is me being naïve, bigotry is still alive and well. Especially when it is religiously sanctioned.

I've heard all the reasons for wanting to deny same-sex marriage. It’s against god(if so why are there gay animals?), it’s a choice(science again proves this wrong), “the gays” only want political power(this is as stupid as is sounds).

If any one reading this lives in a state with gay-marriage bans on the ballot, I urge you to vote them down.

3 Comments:

Blogger Thirdmango said...

I didn't vote. I totally forgot about it.

3:26 PM  
Blogger Eli McCormick said...

n00b

4:36 PM  
Blogger John D. Moore said...

Zing/LOL.

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home